When installed correctly, the roof of your commercial property should protect it from water damage. However, at some point, you may encounter signs that your roof is in need of repair or even replacement. We’ve created a list to help you identify issues that signal it’s time to call in the experts at AMW Contracting for roof repair in Jacksonville.
Read below to learn about the many telltale signs that indicate a significant problem with your commercial roof.
When to Contact a Contractor
At AMW Contracting, we know how important it is to provide immediate resolutions for commercial roofing issues. That’s why we offer 24/7 emergency repairs for commercial properties throughout the Jacksonville area.
So, when should you give us a call? If any of the following sound familiar, don’t hesitate to reach out for a free estimate:
- Moisture issues inside your property. You might first observe indoor leaks from the ceiling after a large amount of rainfall, leading to either minor drips or major puddles. Moisture issues can also take the form of corrosion of your HVAC system or electrical components inside your ceiling. Mold growth, water stains, and unusual humidity levels are additional indicators that your roof isn’t doing its job.
- Sagging or dipping on your flat roof. If your commercial property is equipped with a flat roof, then dips and sags are going to cause problems when they become filled with standing water. If you put off dealing with these inconsistencies, your roof’s membrane will quickly deteriorate and begin to allow water through.
- Bubbling on the roof. Bubbling is an often-overlooked symptom of a faulty roof because it can only be noticed while standing on top of the roof. Moisture build-up causes bubbling and can compromise the roof beyond repair, requiring costly replacement.
- Damaged or dislodged flashing. Flashing can be damaged over time by severe weather conditions, especially if its initial installment is not done properly. As flashing contributes to the integrity of your roof, sealing it off from water and debris, flashing issues can result in big problems for your roof and the need for repair.
- Clogged downspouts. Are you puzzled to see that very little water is exiting your downspouts after a heavy rain? Unfortunately, clogged downspouts are a clear signal that you have a moisture problem elsewhere on your roof.
- Old and worn out roofing materials. While a high-quality, professionally installed roof should last for many years, no roof has an unlimited lifespan. If your roof is nearing its end and is obviously worn out, there’s no reason to wait to repair or replace it. Doing so will not only protect the inside of your property but also have a positive impact on the appearance of your storefront or factory.
Still Unsure if You’re in Need of Roof Repair?
Many indicators of roof damage can’t be seen from the ground, and may not even be noticed by an untrained eye up close. That’s why it’s always best to contact a professional roofing contractor if you have any inkling that there might be an issue with your roof, or if you simply want confirmation that everything’s okay upstairs. After all, getting your roof regularly inspected is essential to spotting small problems before they become big, and costly, repairs.
Get started with roof repair in Jacksonville today. Just call AMW Contracting at 904-725-4197 for details about our full range of commercial roofing services.